[DL] [d20] Under Harrowed Moon d20

Under Harrowed Moon d20 v. 1.0
"Marshal" Bobby Hansen
saintstryfe@mac.com
http://www.stryfe.us/

Heya'll

My favorite adventure to run for Classic Deadlands is by far the "Under Harrowed Moon" set of Dime Novels. I love this story and it's crossover with my second favorite game, Werewolf. So, to make it easy for other people who enjoy, or those like me who are forced into using, d20 Deadlands, here's my take on the character stats. I'd really appreciate some feedback. I remind everyone that PEG owns these characters and I am simply making a quick set of quick translations so that a Marshall doesn't need to waste an evening (like I did) transferring them. Everything BTW remains the same for their Savage West comparisons, and you can get those, and the story as well as the originals in the "Under a Harrowed Moon" available from leading game retailers and from the Smith and Robard's Online Catalog at www.peginc.com.

Garou rules:
Fate Chips:
Willpower: Shown by Fate Chips. using one fate chip is one point of Willpower used.
Rage: Given a starting Rage. New Rage is gotten by spending one fate chip.

Use as per rules in "Strange Bedfellows."

Becouse of the Tri-use of Fate Chips, all Garou start with free Bonus feat: Gaia/Wyrm's Blessing (use appropriate for if the character follows the Wyrm or Gaia, effect is the same as Luck o' the Irish) Garou start off with 5 fate chips.

Fetishes - Find a close equivalent Amulet or other magical item, use it's rules.

Shifting Forms:
DC is dependent on how many forms you shift past. a Homid going to Glabro must make a DC 10, Homid to Crinos must make DC 12, Homid to Hispo DC 14 and Homid to Lupus DC 16. Basically, shifting is DC 10, add 2 to the DC for each step beyond one. Add your Savage Western ability in Primal Urge to the roll (1-5). Using a Rage point is an instant action and doesn't require a roll, and dropping to your breed form (Homid, Lupus or Metis' Crinos) is free and instant
Homid: No Change
Glabro: +2 Str +2 Con -2 Chr - Language checks are at -2
Crinos: +4 Str +3 Con -2 Dex -2 Chr - Language checks are at -10 except for grunts or one word phrases "WYRM!" "KILL!" ect. This form also automatically causes Delirium in Savage Westerners, but not in Weird Westerners. Roll Will save, DC is total Rage of Garou x2. If a group of garou, the average total Rage x2.
Hispo: +3 Str +3 Con -2 Dex -3 Chr - items not dedicated are dropped.* Cannot use Language Skills
Lupus: +1 Str +4 Dex +2 Con -4 Chr - items not dedicated are dropped.* Cannot Use Language Skills
*-Assume any character's starting equipment is dedicated.

Stepping sideways:
Roll 1d6 per point of current Gnosis. (not total!)
DC 5 for wilderness
DC 8 for country road
DC 10 for small town
DC 15 for larger town
DC 18 for large city
DC 20 for a Insane Science Lab

Time spend Stepping sideways
DC-2 - Stuck in Umbra
DC - 5-10 minutes
DC + 2 - 4-8 minutes
DC + 4 - 1-4 minutes
DC + 6 - Instant

Healing:
Generally, Garou heal incredibly fast. 1/HP per minute for standard damage, even heavy damage. Silver Damage however is handled as standard healing as per human. Healing Gifts of werewolves, Blessed Gifts and and healing Ritual may assist. One day is required however, for healing silver damage to get over the burning pain.

Gnosis: Listed starting Gnosis (for Garou characters, make the White Wolf version first, then convert to DL Classic, and then to DL d20. Round-about, yes, but I'm not making a full set of conversion rules.) Regain Gnosis with a DC 12 Wisdom Check after 1 hour of meditation or being in the Umbra for  1 hour.

Gifts:
Gifts are activated by spending one Gnosis Point (hint: Write the Gnosis point circles and boxes like on a White Wolf sheet in ink, then fill in the dots and cross things out in Pencil.) Effects should be thought of like spells, just w/o rolling unless called.

Metis Deformities:
All visible deformities confer a -2 Chr penalty in regular society (the prejudice that many people have against handicapped individuals), and -4 Chr in Garou society (they know the roots). Physical penalties should be developed based on hindrances as shown in Epitaph vol. 4. Mental ones can be taken from the Dementia tables (DLd20 and Way of New Science). Don't roll, choose one that's appropriate.

Okay? Lets get to the characters. In the stories, two Garou characters are stated.

Name: Billy Stormwalker
Tribe/Auspice: Wendigo Theurge
STR:13
DEX:13
CON: 16
WIS:10
INT: 11
CHR: 11
Levels: BRV 7

Feats:
Wyrm's Blessing
Track
War Cry (x2)
Mounted Combat
Guardian Spirit: Raven
Dead Eye
Weapons Specialization: Bowie Knife
Grim Servant o' Death
Sense o' Direction (invented feat to compensate the Sense o' Direction advantage, roll DC 10, add an appropriate Area Knowledge if applicable. If passed, can identify North, South, East and West as per "Compass" hex in DLd20 book. Failure means he must move 1/4 mile before trying again).

Harrowed: Use Harrowed rules in d20. He has power Cat Eyes.

Gnosis 7
Rage 10

HP 36

Skills:
Climb 6
Ride 4
Move Silent 10
Sneak 10
Wilderness Lore (Storm Umbra) 4
Language (English) 4
Language (Sioux) 6
Intimidate 6
Profession (Occult) 10 (use for Spells)
Sense Motive 8
Search 10

Gifts
Assimilation (fit into any Social Situation lasts one day.)
Command Spirit (Make a spirit do what you will with an Intimidate Roll)
Dust Storm (See hex Texas Twister)
Grasp the Beyond (Keep things like they are dedicated. Spend fate chip, keep anything up to person sized. A person can be brought if unwilling with a DC 12 Wis roll.
Persuasion (DC 12 Chr check - if successful, +3 to all Chr rolls for one hour)
Savage the Mind (opposed Will Checks, if +8 above the opposition, then they lose 2 points of INT. Spend two Gnosis for each -2).
Spirit Speech (Can talk to spirits.)

Equipment: Scattergun, 50 shells for Scattergun, Bowie Knife

(Reach the Umbra is no longer needed in Third Edition Werewolf, you can cut into the Umbra without a reflective service, though difficulty is lowered by 5 with one.)

BSD Pack
In Savage Passage, there's a 6 member pack of Black Sprial Dancers (BSDs). The BSDs all have similar stats, except for when noted. General stats are the same.

Name: Wilson "Blackie" Carr and other BSDs

STR: 12
DEX: 13
CON: 8
WIS: 11
INT: 11
CHR: 9

Level: RWD 3

HP 9
Hit Die d10

Feats:
Wyrm's Blessing
Dodge
Blind Fight
Grim Servant o' Death
Endurance

Gnosis 5
Rage 6

Skills:
Climb 8
Move Silently 8
Sneak 8
Language English 6
Intimidate 6
Sense Motive 6
Search 4

Thick Skin (1/2 Subdual Damage, Rowdy description in DLd20 books)

Deformities: Blackie, Darla and Albert have Metis deformities. Blackie is Tailless (-2 Dex) and Albert is Hairless, read above for effects. Darla has a metal deformity - choose from the Deformities table as above. Give the others defomities if you wish.

Gifts
Blackie:
Wyrm Visions (Opposed WIS rolls, if Blackie wins, reduce WIS, CHR and CON by 2.)
Resist Pain (Spend a fate chip, ignore any wound effects (see Way of the Gun))
Roll Over (Opposed Intimidate Tests, win by more  then , humans are forced to their knees and Garou are forced onto their backs. (aww puppy wants scritichies))
Truth of Gaia (Sense Motive roll, DC 20, can tell if someone is lying or telling the truth. (someone's been going into the Philodox camp...))

Jackie:
Bite of the Bat (After successful biting attack, spend Gnosis, opposed CON checks. For each 2 Jackie does over his opponent, add 1d6 subdual damage.)

Jenna:
Ears of the Bat (gives a sonar-like "vision", check PHB for information.)

Wilma:
Gift of the Porcupine (Add 1d6 extra damage to Fight'n attacks, and rase DC of any barehanded attacks +2)

Alex:
Curse of Hatred (Opposed CHR rolls, if Alex wins, lose 1 Fate chip)

Darla:
Rattler's Bite ( Injects Rattler Poison with successful bite attack, check Monster Manual for info on Poison)

Albert:
Burrow (see Harrowed power Burrow in Way of the Dead, must be in Crinos, Hispo or Lupus. STR check to go through hard material. Can Take 20)

And lastly, here's our human character. Note, I had a lot of trouble deciding what to do with him. He's not a Mad Scientist, he doesn't have AB:MS, but nothing else made much sence. I gave him 4 Levels of MAV, but you can change that. Just note the changes.

Name: Wendell Toomes.
STR: 8
DEX: 9
CON: 10
INT: 16
WIS: 12
CHR: 10

Level: MAV 4
Hit Die d6

Skills:
Climb 4
Ride 2
Sneak 2
Profession: Occult 10
Science: Ghost Rock 10
Sense Motive 6
Search 4
Tinker'n 10
Shoot'n: Flame Thrower 8

Feats:
Extraordinary Luck
Evasion
Uncanny Dodge
Mechanically Inclined
Dinero 1
Weapon Proficency: Flame Thrower

Equipment
Flame Thrower
Peacemaker
Box of 50 bullets
Notebook (3 random designs from Way of New Science)
Rocket Pack (See Way of New Science)

Well, there's my first version of this... please give some feed back and tell me what ya think!

-Marshall Bob