[DL] Eldritch County

This is an idea I have for a DL campaign, and I'd like
to get some opinions on it.

As everybody knows, the Civil War in the west was alot
less about the actions of armies than it was about
irregular border ruffian and jayhawker bands waging a
guerrilla war against people they found personally
objectionable.

This campaign will be a tongue-in-cheek look at this
situation.  Each player will start with a small posse
of irregular troops or outlaws.  Each is seeking
election to the US or CS congress.  Points will be
given for such things as burning towns, bushwhacking
opposing forces, commandeering military arms
shipments, selling whiskey to the indians, etc.
Obviously, the bands will be fighting it out the whole
time, and there will be some supernatural stuff as
well (walkin' dead arising from the Boll Weevil
Cemetery or the Battlefield of Skunkly Swamp,
ghostrock found in Stinky Pete's Mine, etc.).

When a player feels he has made enough points causing
mayhem, he can go to the County Seat and petition for
a nomination to Congress.  The first player to get
elected wins the campaign.

Thoughts?