[DL] Deadlands in China

I just recently purchased a wargame based on the
Taiping Rebellion that lasted in China from 1850 to
1868. Now I apologize ahead of time if anyone has
mentioned this war before, but in the world of
Deadlands I would assume the rebellion is still going
on, or at least trying to.
The Taiping Rebellion, while not exactly a focal point
in American history classes, was a scarily bloody war
in terms of lives lost (something like 100 million).
There were two key factors in the rebels being put
down by the Ch'ing Dynasty: 1) the rebels made a
series of military blunders which had weakened their
position by 1863 2) China received help from both
Britain and America
Now in a Deadlands world the first point could be
countered by manitou simply giving the less tactical
and outnumbered Taipings powerful abilities (i.e.
Arcane Backgrounds, Black Magic, abominations, etc.)
And secondly, in Deadlands, America and Britain have
other and possibly bigger problems.
However, I'm kind of simplifying the history of the
rebellion. There's eveidence to suggest British
officers supported the rebellion (until it became bad
for business), and the help that Imperial forces
received started to have an effect as early as 1860.

Lastly, and on a game-related note, there was an
article in Shadis #53 for a Chinese-specific Arcane
Background based on using the I Ching. In the article
there is a footnote about the Taiping rebellion being
stopped in 1868, but this is the official real world
date of the rebellion's ending. Who is to say that the
battle hasn't continued, in some way or another?
Thoughts?
Ideas?
-doc

=====
Noble Knight Games
"Where the Out-of-Print is Available Again"
Over 20,000 new and used RPG's, Miniatures and Wargames in stock and
ready to ship. Buy-Sell-Trade, new products at discount!
http://www.nobleknight.com
"If you didn't care about the condition of that copy of Eldritch Wizardry, you would've gotten it from the Thieves' Guild." -the Noble Knight