Re: [DL] Deadlands in China

-----Original Message-----
From: Patrick Downs <knick_nevin@yahoo.com>
Subject: [DL] Deadlands in China

> Lastly, and on a game-related note, there was an
> article in Shadis #53 for a Chinese-specific Arcane
> Background based on using the I Ching. In the article
> there is a footnote about the Taiping rebellion being
> stopped in 1868, but this is the official real world
> date of the rebellion's ending. Who is to say that the
> battle hasn't continued, in some way or another?
> Thoughts?
> Ideas?
> -doc

SPOILERS

Its cannon that the 4 horsemen have concentrated on north america, and
with that in mind I have always pictured that the rest of the world is
pretty much running on tract since only the Big four equestrian's efforts
have made major changes in the timeline, but as always do what you want
to in your own game.
In China I would guess that the reconing woke up some old spirits,
created some new ones, and that oprotunistics powers did thier best to
make the rebellion a darker, even more violent conflict, but the dark
powers enjoying the fear generated by the conflict lacked the sheer power
and team effort of the horsemen.
In modern china I would see the war over but with fanatical cells of the
rebellion still causeing trouble while being urged on by seperate manitou
and terrors each working on their own.