Re: [DL] Deadlands Darwin Awards

I can't keep up with some of these, but in my HoE campaign the posse
had to deal with a nice Combine force... Two patrols of Black hats with
a Raptor on overwatch.

The Posse had an ace-in-the-hole in the form of a cyborg NPC, but even
the larger cyborg BFGs can't take down a Raptor without a lot of luck.

So the posse works out a battle plan, and overall it's good. Except for
one character, who decides the safest place in the fight is next to the
armored Cyborg, who's taken up position behind a low rubble wall.

Guess who the Raptor was planning to use air-ground missiles on?

Thanks to an amazing set of rolls the cyborg escaped unhurt, and I even
let the posse member make an amazing leap over the wall, shielding him
from the blast.

You know, right in front of a squad of black hats with scorch marks
(Posse Syker used Arson) and automatic weapons.

Out of the frying pan, into the (automatic) fire...