[DL] Deadlands Darwin Awards

I've seen one and experienced one.

While playing a munchkin type game, I was wandering around the Maze (by
myself mind you) when i get wind of a tale about a chick running around with
a sword--sounds like a buddy of mine so I go investigate the island she
supposedly is on.  Well, it wasn't her; some sort of Aztec
golem/demon/something or other.  Anyway, while staying away from chick and
investigating, I find this quarter sized stone that just reeks of power as
the Marshal puts it.  I had noticed earlier that the chick had a divot in
her breastplate that matched the size and shape of this thing, so I think,
hmmmm, I wonder.....  Go to confront the chick--bad idea.  She's obviously a
HTH person while I'm the gun bunny, so she's kicking my butt around.  My
sentient familiar finally comes out and says (loudly) "USE THE ROCK!!!!" and
on my next round, I proudly grab the rock (doing my best Bruce Campbell evil
smile) and smash it on the ground.  The Marshal looks at me like I'm an
idiot, says the rock makes a ::smack!:: sound with no effect, the familiar
says "YOU IDIOT!!  USE IT ON HE--!!" just before she rams that sword through
my chest.  I died knowing I was stupid for going alone to begin with, plus
realizing (too late) that I should have jammed the thing in her breastplate.
Oh well.

One I witnessed was a anarchist MS who had just blown up a train shipment of
ghostrock.  He did a wonderful job of setting the dynamite around a bridge
in a way that would blow up the train when it was halfway across, succeeded
in doing so (thus making a tremendous explosion and a ghostrock fire that
would take a LONG time to burn out), but didn't have a clue was to covering
his tracks, so the local law came running after him fairly soon.  To escape
the law, he ran into this dilapidated mansion.  Lord Grimely's Manor.  I can
hear the laughter from those who know.

Jeff S