Re: [DL] Deadlands Props

My most evil idea for a Deadlands prop:

I found a book called "Playing Games According to Hoyle" - it's available in
reprint now. I found a hard cover copy. I took the book, and used spray
Polyurethane to coat the outside of the book, except for the inside  front
over. Then, after the outside hardened, I took a Dremmel tool to the inside,
and cut out the pages to the back cover of the book. Discarded those. This
left me with a "False Book" box... And I use that as a fate pot. It's not
perfect, it's pretty shallow.  Players need to hold it over their heads to
draw so it's blind. But the Poly makes it hard and a little bit of aging I
did to the book before hand (a little lemon juice plus heat makes the paper
look aged, and a little careful burning with a Zippo) makes a VERY cool fate
chip pot. The Poker Chips are Hoyle too. ;-)

I also use a cotton bag from a set of sheets and a set of cheap poker chips
for running with people I don't know well.

-Stryfe