Re: [DL] Youthful Sherlock Holmes

On Mon, 26 May 2003 11:49:16 +0000 "Ray C." <r_a_c_@hotmail.com> writes:
> One major problem with this idea.  While his deductive abilities were
> based
> on a real life person (The then Doctor Arthur Conan Doyle's
> Teacher),
> Sherlock Holmes was very much a fictional character.

However, at the time when the books were first coming out and popular,
there were tons of letter being sent to Baker Street for Sherlock Holmes.
If the time line was a little further ahead, it would make perfect sense
for him to be a "Living Legend" as Dan mentioned. Many people beleived
that Sherlock was real and that the books published by Sir Arthur Conan
Doyle, were in fact the actual journal of Dr. Watson.

Sherlock would be a great NPC especially if he goes by a different name
for a while so the posse doesn't catch on until the end who he is. I can
just see the posse running themselves ragged trying to solve a mystery
and when they give sherlock the info he says, "Elementary. I've known
that all along. You all seemed so excited, how could I stop your search."

Dave

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!