Re: [DL] What is "Western"?

     There is also the myriad interpretations of the material and period to consider. Aside from the man with no name ronin stuff; there are many other forms. The "westerns" of the 50's are quite different from A Few Dollars More. Those are both completely unlike say Young Guns or Bad Girls.

      Although all contain similar trappings and conceits, as alluded to in earlier posts, the core feel can vary widely. www.blackmask.com has old pulp westerns and I believe dime novels. Looking over the films at your local video store, will give you a sense of range of the western genre. You can also just play it completely accurate. The DL system is very deadly and realistic. I feel it is so at its base mechanics.

      So look at them all, and discern what style is for you. DL contains a bit of this and that, so can your yarns, or just one overriding theme. I suggest emulation of the singing cowboy subgenera ;)

Your Fiend and
Personal Hero
Peter F. Kish