Re: [DL] Savage Worlds

On Tuesday, June 3, 2003, at 09:26  PM, Bo Whitten wrote:

> After reading the Test Drive rules I don't think I am going to spend
> the money on SW. It doesn't look like an improvement in role playing,
> just a simplified form that allows both mass combat sims AND role
> playing.
> Of the two Deadlands seems the better rule set.

Different games for different things. Deadlands is interesting, but the
setting is VERY rules-heavy and, even worse, there's been a LOT of
patching. SW seems to be a good attempt at getting it right the first
time (not counting setting-specific patches) and striking a good
balance between heavy and light rulesets.

I've got a few ideas I've been doing in SW...Once you relax and move
beyond a few ingrained behaviors, it's a very powerful system.