Re: [DL] Deadlands Reboot

On Thursday, July 31, 2003, at 02:10 PM, Justin Baldwin wrote:

I really like the original Deadlands rules. Sure it is a little bulky during battle but handeling the cards and chips is one of the things that deadlands is all about. You can't have a western game without it feeling western

Well, as workarounds, Savage Worlds does use cards for initiative (but in a slightly different way than Deadlands) and SW Bennies could certainly be represented by Chips.

But as anyone reading the forum can probably tell, i really don't like the idea. I've posted what I would consider an 'ideal' compromise here: http://www.peginc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1205 but I think it's pretty much set in stone.