[DL] 50 Fathoms

50 Fathoms looks intersting. In fact this looks like
the best new idea in a good few years. Oops, forgot
about Savage Worlds and its intergration of RP/war
game. The fact that I am a sucker for pirate games
does no harm either [turkeys here include 'Run Out the
Guns' (its f**king Rolemaster again) and Seventh Sea
(where is the Carribean? and metaplot hell (I might be
wrong on the latter though, I bailed after buying the
core books and running it a bit)].

The pirate genre looks like one where intergrating
roleplaying and wargaming (ship to ship and boarding
actions) is really important. This looks like a good
enough reason to buy Savage Worlds.

Oh yes, I love the 'Shooting Blind' section - but then
I like the authors notes between short stories.

Michael