Re: [DL] Pool Tables?

  According to David Dary's book entitled "Finding
Pleasure in the Old West"  some  New Orleans
establishments had billiard rooms in the 1830s at the
same time some river steamboats had a billiard table
or two.  There is also an illustration of a cowboy who
was said to have ridden his horse onto a billiard
table that was in a combination saloon billiard hall
in Abilene Kansas in the 1860s.
  According to The Knucklduster Cowtown Creator a
pocket billiard table would cost $35.
  Hope this helps.
                                    Horace Black

--- "Everett E. Proctor" <spiritmast@globaldialog.com>