Re: [DL] New to the game....

> One more player has yet to make a character
> and she is split between the Ugly as sin, short as a dollarcake Nun
> (also
> blessed) and a Taoist-Martial Arts exorsist (also Blessed--with
> Enlightened
> to boot). If she goes with the Taoist, I am goint to have to call the
> the
> Ferner Posse (since the other three did take that hinderance)
>

> Thanks for listening.
>
> Tyler

Main thing I would say is that keep the supernatural part in the
background to begin with and slowly reveal it.  It works much better
that way.  I started my game off introducing them to town with some
very hum drum western plot lines, then introduced some weirdness
through indian magics (which they dismissed), then they found traces of
wierdness (i.e. mass exodus from Boot Hill) but little proof moving on
to some wierdness that they face but was deniable (vanished without
trace once killed/escaped) and so on.

I generally go with the rule of not duplicating arcane backgrounds
(AB)in my posse - I also limit the 5pt edges in the same way.  This
just encourages diversity and prevents everyone from taking Luck of the
Irish or Level Headed.  I also tend not to allow AB's with those edges
eiter as it helps balance up the AB's to non-AB's power levels.  BTW
There is no reason that you cannot have a Taoist-Martial Arts exorcist
who isn't Blessed.  There are plenty of monks and preachers out there
who aren't Blessed.  I had a slight problem with a Blessed Martial
Artist who kept rolling 20+ for his Armour O'Righteousness roll and
then spent the rest of the round dishing it out with impunity as
nothing could touch him.  However interestingly, in the fight that he
killed his first living being, he was also killed.  So now I have an
Undead Blessed Martial Artist - who has yet to rise from his grave.

Hope this helps

Roy