[DL] Dodging?

Hi Guys,

Have a question about dodging - it might have been covered a million
times, but perhaps there are a few new guys here (including me!). Sorry
if it's very technical, but I'm trying to explain it thoroughly hehe

Here it goes:

Bandit A is behind cover (he don't know A and B are on to him - he's after C)
Heroes A, B and C all have cards up their sleeves.
Dooong - round begins.

Bandit A - moves out of cover on a Queen, and intends
to shoot Hero C, down a slope.

Heroes A, B and C all play their card in their sleeves to interrupt Bandit A.
An opposed Quickness roll has these results: Hero A-19, Hero B-10,
Bandit A-9, Hero C-4.

So, this is the order I tell them to go: Hero A and B, then Bandit A, and
lastly Hero C.

Hero A shoots and hits Bandit A pretty bad - he then chooses to Dodge
this shot - he fails his Dodge roll, but spends 4 Red chips to buy additional
Dice and eventually beats Hero A's to hit of 18, with a Dodge of 19.

Now, so far so good!! The Bandit throws himself on the ground to avoid
Hero A's shot.

Now, here's the question: How long does Bandit A's dodge stay in effect???
Has he made a Dodge that can be applied to Hero B and C as well? With
a roll of 19? Or does his Dodge ONLY apply for Hero A's shot?? That can
be very expensive in chips!! hehe

I ended up ruling like this:
The Bandit threw himself down on the edge of the slope, and Heroes B and
C could then only see his Head and arms (they were both down the slope),
although they could see the Bandit in full when the Action started.

Phew - this was all on a Queen!! Needless to say they shot the poor guy
up pretty bad a few actions down the line hehe

Can anyone please shed a light on this?

Thanks for your time!

Paul Erik, Denmark