Re: [DL] Shortcircuiting Adventures [OT]

One of my favorites at a tournament came in a Torg game.  For those unfamiliar with the game multiple realities invade Earth, each with it's own set of rules.  In this case we were in the Cyberpapacy, a combination of a papal dictatorship and cybertech.  We were playing characters working for the Cyberpapacy, an inquisitor, a nun, and other similar characters.  At one point one of our investigators found out one of our enemies was a witch, but had no proof.  We were supposed to have to investigate to find proof.

Instead my detective looked over at the inquisitor and smiled.  "I accuse that woman of witchcraft."  Suddenly, she is arrested and put through the water trial, which she failed since she was indeed a witch.  The GM had never imagined we would use the oppresive nature of the Cyberpapacy against him.  As the inquisitor put it, "We don't need proof, we have divine guidance."  Ended the adventure 2 hours early.