Re: [DL] Seize the Pearl O' Death

Tommy Brownell wrote:

The Martial Artist in my game had a question about this and Throwin':
Bullets...

Does it HAVE to be used on a bullet that's been fired?  Or could young Jubei
harness his Ch'i, activate the power, and pitch a bullet that he might have
had in his pocket, for instance?

Greetings--

The bullet has to have been fired from a gun. The way I think it works is that when a bullet has been fired at the martial artist, his reaction time speeds up so everything else around him slows down, like the effects in the "Matrix" movies. Now, as the bullet approaches him, he moves in such a way so he can gently grasp the bullet as it is moving past the point where he used to be standing. He then spins around quickly, so the bullet maintains its velocity while he is changing its flight path. Once the bullet is pointed in the direction he wants, he lets go and sends the bullet on its merry way. For this reason, I would also not allow a martial artist to fire a gun at himself and use this power, since he wouldn't have enough time or space to get out of the bullet's path and redirect it at someone else.

--David
dlhoff1@charter.net