Re: [DL] Harrowed and Death

SPOILER

I run things a little different...

For standard zombies a maiming guts shot does not
result in incapacitation, but it does result in the
loss of the use of both legs due to structural damage
(not enough muscles in the torso to keep it up right,
not enough unshattered bones to form an internal
skeleton) or a severed spinal collum cuts. After that
I leave them prone with all the disadvantages of being
prone, and their pace becomes a 1 with no possibility
of picking up the pace, however raises on a climbing
roll can improve that if it becomes an issue since
they are pulling themselves along on their hands. They
are also still considered to be able to climb using
just their upper body strength (apply appropriate
penalties to the roll for the dangling and useless
lower half). If the Zombie is a one armed bandit at
that point pace becomes 1 with no possibility of
climbing... and a zombie with no functioning arms is
effectively immobile and incapable of attacking unless
some poor fool PC goes bust while in HtoH range of the
zombie or happens to put a part of himself too near
the zombies head.
The one harrowed PC to grace any of the parties I have
run game for wound up nothing but a head for a while,
she had an amusing conversation with one of the party
members by blinking her eyes once for yes twice for no
(no lungs or laranynx to make noise with or neck
muscles to nod her head).

Marshal_Black