RE: [DL] new relic idea

A couple of thoughts:
-The King James Bible was the product of a parliamentary committee which
sorted through a number of different translations as well as the Latin
original and to a certain extent mixed and matched. Therefore, there
would never really one handwritten draft of the King James.  I would
suggest a better relic might be a medieval manuscript bible or associate
a particular individual with the relic Bible, say John Wesley and
require the preacher to be Wesleyan.
-If you do go with the King James, I would further limit the usefulness
to Protestants of British origins, i.e. sects which started with the
King James (Anglicans, Presbyterians, etc.) rather than Lutherans,
German Anabaptists, etc.
    Daniel Gwyn

Romeo:  "Peace, peace, Mercutio, peace!
Thou talk'st of nothing."