RE: [DL] Texas Ranger vs a Blessed chaplain

Dude, buy Lone Stars... buy it now.  ;-)

That book explains that the Confederate Chaplain Corps is a division of the
Texas Rangers.  They get their orders from General King, just like any
regular ranger.

All your Ranger needs to do is wire a message to HQ, wait for the reply
*ordering* the Chaplain to keep his mouth shut, and take it to him.  Now, it
needs to be clear to the Chaplain that if he still tells the story, he is
disobeying a direct order, will be stripped of his rank, and thrown in a
dark hole that few people even know exists for a long time.

It may sound a little harsh, but that rank and blessed weapon did not come
"free."

Of course, depending on your group, it could be handled by some good
roleplaying.  The Ranger could just explain to the Chaplain what their
objective is and what he would have to do if the Chaplain continues on this
course, including the consequences.

Good luck!

Clint Black

"You smell that? Do you smell that? ...Ghost Rock, son. Nothing else in the
world smells like that. I love the smell of ghost rock in the morning. You
know, one time we had a hill bombed, for twelve hours. When it was all over
I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' Yank body. The
smell, you know that sulphurous smell, the whole hill. Smelled like...
victory. Someday this war's gonna end..."