[DL] Re: deadlands-digest.20031106-1

Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 16:01:02 EST
From: PEGShane@aol.com
Subject: Re: [DL] Fate of Deadlands

...Actually. . .

The current plan is quite cool. Don't hold me to this because I've just
barely begun and things may change, but right now the plan is one massive book with
all THREE *current* storylines in it. And there *is* a way to use cards for
hucksters, slightly different damage to reflect the "chunkiness" of DL combat,
plus ALL the various ABs accumulated from the various books over the years.

What has happened before will be covered in the history. What's happening NOW
is the subject of the Savage Tales presented in the new book.

That means you're going to get the old and LOTS of brand new stuff to show
you what's going on *now* in the Weird, Wasted, and Way Out West.

And I think you *will* be pleasantly surprised.

I'll be doing a "Making Of" soon, so please hold your questions. My
grandmother just passed away and I'll be out in CA for a week or so helping out. I have
no idea if I'll have access to email while I'm away.

Thanks all!

Shane

Yay for "chunckiness". We are actually playing our Classic to Savage Worlds Deadlands game this Sunday. It has been a chore coordinating the conversion, but I think it will be well worth it in the end.
The biggest challange I had was with Mad Science. Unless the new books point to a better way, I have too go with what I came up with. Mads need the "Gadgeteer" Pro Edge to make the most of the AB. The biggest quibble I have is the "dementia" each time they take a power. So I ditched it. Also the Mad will be able to make an new Infernal Device at the end of every Ranking. The comparative level of the tech determines how advance the new device is. Look to the tables in the Players's Guide and compare the hand levels. Should make a decent guideline anyway. Other than that, the huckster will use cards and backlash instead of power points (which I hate--sorry, but I do). For backlash, any mention of wind, causes fatigue. 1d6 is a point, 2d6 is two....and so on. Direct damage is reduced to SW levels...and so on.
Any comments would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Is your computer infected with a virus? Find out with a FREE computer virus scan from McAfee. Take the FreeScan now! http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=3963