Re: [DL] Associate Favor <addendum>

> So the chain-lightning peace pipe (which makes me
> grin
> each time I think about it) could be imbued with
> associate favor and associate medicine "earth
> medicine
> way" and would get 1 free lightening strike
> (lightening costs 2 appeasement, and the associate
> favor and medicine gives a total of 1 free
> appeasement
> point which counts as 2 for the sake of the favor),
> then the one after that would cost 1 appeasement,
> then
> 2 appeasement, and so on and so on.
> If a shaman who has favored way "earth medicine"
> uses
> the pipe then he gets 2 free lightening strikes (the
> first one costing 2 appeasement, and the second
> costing 3 appeasement) because that single point
> would
> be tripled as per the associate medicine
> description.
> After those first two shots it would cost 1, then 2,
> then 3... etc... etc...

I realized I made a minor mistake in the way I said
how the item could be used that I wanted to correct...

With someone who is no favored in earth medicine the
chain lighting gun costs as follows...

For a person without earth medicine being a favored
way use the following chart. Because the medicine way
is still favored by the item each appeasement point
they generate is still doubled....

Shot    Cost   Appeasement Needed (2 free from item)
----------------------------------
1       2      0
2       3      1 *
3       4      1 *
4       5      2 *
5       6      2 *
6       7      3 *
and so on...

* This appeasement is considered doubled so generating
a single appeasement point for the item gives you 2
appeasement + the base 2 appeasement.

For someone who IS favored, use this table..

Shot    Cost   Appeasement Needed (3 free from item)
----------------------------------
1       2      0
2       3      0
3       4      1 #
4       5      1 #
5       6      1 #
6       7      2 #
7       8      2 #
8       9      2 #
9       10     3 #
10      11     3 #
11      12     3 #
12      13     4 #
and so on...

# Appeasement generated in this manner is tripled as
per the rules under associate medicine way blessing
when the user of the item is also favored in the
medicine way.

Sorry about the last minute correction.

Marshal_Black