Re: [DL] Associate Favor

RedFox Whiteruff wrote:
> When you?re imbuing an object with the Associate
> Favor blessing (as per
> Ghost Dancers), how exactly do these Appeasement
> points work?  Do they
> vanish forever when you use the Favor (thus
> necessitating the Bless Item
> Favor every time you want to ?recharge? the item
> with Associate Favor)?  Do
> they give you a point every single time you use the
> Favor (Hah!  Beware my
> chain-gun peace pipe of Lightning!)?  Or do they
> regenerate once per 24
> hours, like the Permanent Appeasement used for
> Imbued Favors?

I believe the way that it works is that it is
permanently available to the appeasement pool each
time the favor is invoked (ie your chain-gun peace
pipe of lightning... nice image by the way) however
there are a couple of things you ought to keep in mind
about this that reduces the sickness of the item...

1)The blessing can only be given to the item once per
favor. So 1 free appeasement point is the maximum you
will recieve unless you also give it the associate
medicine way blessing at which point 2 points is
permanently available.
2)The same favor called upon within 24 hours costs +1
appeasement cumulative for each such favor. Thus if
the item is not associated with a medicine way... a 1
point favor is free the first time, costs 1 the second
time, costs 2 the third time... and so on and so on.
There is to my knowledge no specific exception to this
rule for blessed items.

So the chain-lightning peace pipe (which makes me grin
each time I think about it) could be imbued with
associate favor and associate medicine "earth medicine
way" and would get 1 free lightening strike
(lightening costs 2 appeasement, and the associate
favor and medicine gives a total of 1 free appeasement
point which counts as 2 for the sake of the favor),
then the one after that would cost 1 appeasement, then
2 appeasement, and so on and so on.
If a shaman who has favored way "earth medicine" uses
the pipe then he gets 2 free lightening strikes (the
first one costing 2 appeasement, and the second
costing 3 appeasement) because that single point would
be tripled as per the associate medicine description.
After those first two shots it would cost 1, then 2,
then 3... etc... etc...

Hope this helps.

Marguerite wrote:
> Hi!  Thanks for the question.  I don't have Ghost
> Dancers in front of me, but I -think- the answer is
> your first choice, i.e. the Appeasment used to
create
> the item disappear in it's creating, and
> necessitating the Bless Item favor to give the
> object more appeasement.

Sorry love, I think you are off on this. However I do
applaud your conservative approach to the problem.
<smooch>
I've been studying up for when you and the rest of the
Red Posse finally get the bless item favor and put
your infamous "Throw a kegger, build a relic" plan
into action.

Marshal_Black