[DL] RE: Savage Deadlands

Greetings.

I think we can not deny the reality of the current marketplace. Shane put
out a quality product line for us and we have those books to use forever. As
far as Savage Deadlands goes, I am happy he intends to only do one book (or
is it one book per setting?)

Anyways, I can't afford to buy into a full product line of Savage Deadlands
and I wouldn't even if I could. I have the classic system and some of the
d20 books. This is enough for me. In some ways, I would be angry if he
continued to pump out books for Deadlands using the new system because if I
didn't buy them I could miss out on some good content but if I did buy them
it would involve rules conversions I would have to do (extra work for the
GM). This would be a no-win scenario for me.

As far as other publishers doing material, I think this is unnecessary. The
fan community interested in projects such as detailing a city or area can do
an unofficial net book. The only thing that suffers in net books is usually
the artwork but I have seen some damn good maps and cartography work out
there.

Some thoughts to ponder.
-Roger Bert