RE: [DL] RE: deadlands-digest.20031207

>Be happy that Shane is doing whatever he can to keep interest in the genre
>and keep the setting alive (ok harrowed)

Pat,  I think the main point is what he states here...

"I respect him for that, but that doesn't mean I
have to be happy with the situation."

He's not saying he's unhappy with Shane or anything he's done.  He's just
not happy with the *situation*.

I can understand the confusion here, because Horace has a rarely heard
attitude in this industry.  He dislikes the change, but he accepts that the
change is inevitable.  Too often, those who speak out are those who have
that first opinion but can't reach the second, which typically leads to
hostility.

Personally, I think it just comes from the fact that most people's
experience with gaming companies is based off some "industry leaders," who
do instigate change just to increase sales.

Ultimately, it's fine to not be happy with the *situation* and say so.
There's got to be a certain amount of time for a "grieving period," although
eventually, we all have to move on.

My two cents.

Clint Black

"You smell that? Do you smell that? ...Ghost Rock, son. Nothing else in the
world smells like that. I love the smell of ghost rock in the morning. You
know, one time we had a hill bombed, for twelve hours. When it was all over
I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' Yank body. The
smell, you know that sulphurous smell, the whole hill. Smelled like...
victory. Someday this war's gonna end..."