RE: [DL] RE: Savage Deadlands

Chaos, disorder, destruction...My work here is done.

The following post is MA17 so leave now if you don't like strong language or your parents won't let you read it.

Ok, now I finally get to address how bad this system sucks, and by sucks I mean it deepthroats a cock and chokes to death on the balls. First off the characters that we converted over we converted over at legendary status. While this might seem over powered to some theses were our unity characters. In otherwords these were the biggest badasses we had and we flew through fucking hell with the reckoners in a little box at our side. Now I guess I should have known then that something would cause the entire deadlands system to suck because that was the worse adventure for a roleplaying game I have ever played. I say this because in order for it to work you GM had to shove his fingers up your nose and drag you though the whole thing. Some of you may say this was the GMs fault and that he should have filled in the holes with something to make the adventure better, but that is the reason adventures are published. so the Gm doesn't have to make shit up. I'll get of the Unity topic now since I really don't fill like posting 8 million pages of stupid idiocies in the adventure. Back to Savage Worlds. A vigor of a D12 gives you a toughness of 8(2+ half vigor) add two for being dead and you get a 10 thats 8+2=10 for you slow ones out there. Next you come to tough as nails and imp. tough as nails which give you +3 putting you at 13. Now since the savage worlds rules sucked we do have a shitload of house rules for powers but back to the point. Supernatural vigor adds +2 so theres a fifteen toughness. meanin you have to roll a nineteen to give him one wound. Next come armor. I believe kevlar adds +2 to armor and is good god against bullets, so between it and a God roll on Force field for a syker which everyone is at the end of the unity you can get up to a 21 toughness if they are not using Ap bullets meaning they would have to roll a 25 to hurt you. Avg. Ass rifle does 2D8+1 or +3 if firing three round bursts with an avg. damage o f 10 or 12 with a 3 rnd. burst. I'm not seeing that hurting any time soon. Now onto the subject of actions in combat . Do the characters have their tendons seize up around the damn trigger or something. I can fire an Ass. rifle with a rof of 4 at 4 different targets spinning in a 360 degree arc to hit them while firing a pistol in my other hand then if I'm a doomie I can teleport next to a guy and crack him in the face with the assault rifle while ninja kicking him but I cant shoot two zombies standing right next to each other in one action without going full auto. I dont care about the space time continium theory of any of that shit that makes no fucking sense. Now I'll talk about conversion,which by the way sucks pretty hardcore and should never be tried without a private counselor on hand because you will go crazy because of how much shit you lose. even if you convert your character with 80 exp. making it legendary it is still really gay and shouldn't be tried because you will still lose a lot of your character. The main problem I have with savage worlds is that if you don't want to die very quickly your character has to combat oriented in every way and you lose a lot of the flavor of your character if you convert. My friends character that was a mechanic before the last war only has a D4 in repair because even after losing half his stuff he still didn't have enough levels to buy most of his skills to a decent level. I guess what I'm trying to say is I came into this system very biased against it because th conversion looked like it sucked. But I tried to give it a fair chance and that chance had its intestines ripped out because the system is so fucking gay. You might like savage worlds or in my opinion Advanced D20. But my brain hurts after playing it because the rules are so horrendous.

Sincerely,

            The great and wonderful Crash

Don?t worry if your Inbox will max out while you are enjoying the holidays. Get MSN Extra Storage!