Re: [DL] RE: Savage Deadlands

On Dec 12, 2003, at 3:45 AM, Bobby Edwards wrote:
The character in question is my harrowed doomsayer that is on Banshee after the Unity. He got ded(but got better) before the unity adventure. So having no shooting score is out of the question. I can go up in every thing to get my toughness up to something like a 19 or 20 then I'll be a vertable tank. When you add in that I have molecular cohesion, nuff said. My biggest problem is the simple fact that I lost so many skills and edges cause my marshall said if I didn't that I would be badder than the Reckoners. Not to mention the fact that most of my attributes dropped drastically.

Remember, you're using the trial conversion rules plus (I assume) a lot of home-brew work to fill in the blanks... Things may be different in the final.

It's important to keep in mind that while they are similar in many ways, Deadlands Classic and Savage Worlds often take a different philosophical approach. SW generally seems t favor the 'FFF' slightly more than specific genre emulation, whereas Classic often favors Genre emulation.

IIRC, you can only use a single weapon once per round... So you can make one attack (be it a single shot, burst, etc.) with the pistol in a character's right hand, then another shot with the pistol in his right hand, then a kick.

I still don't see why you have to be 2 fisted 2 gun kid to be able to shoot someone with a pistol more than once. Why can't I just shoot someone with my single pistol more than once with +2 modifiers for each extra shot. To me that gets rid of me being able to shoot extra bullets with a semi auto pistol.

The semi-automatic has a higher ROF, this being able to do more with one 'attack' than, say, an old revolver. Thus it's one attack may get to make several shots.

You can't use the same weapon twice in an action because of fundamental laws against meddling with the space-time continuum. Remember, the time slices a Savage Worlds Action represents are pretty small...

I guess I don't think that SW works for the Deadlands system. I'll just stick to classic. I have more fun with it anyway.

I agree with you, but for different reasons. -- Brett

LORD, WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN? (Reaper Man, Terry Pratchett)