[DL] Re: deadlands-digest.20040122

Howdy all,

LONG time lurker, 1st time poster.

First off, I wanna throw out a big ole Rebel Yell to
the cowpokes and lady-folk at Pinnacle who have
well-earned a great deal of what passes for my
disposable income over the last 6 years... It's been a
hell of a ride.

While I certainly mourn the "passing" of the
traditional DL system (yeah, I'm not so much old
school as an old dog, I don't learn well) that doesn't
mean I'll ever stop buying the products... it don't
really matter to me what the system is, it's the
Universe.
Hell, I can customize anything I like to keep my
players jumpin' at the boneyard, and I won't let a
system-switch curb my enjoyment of one of the most
original game worlds I've ever come across...

All that butterin' up out of the way, here's my
question for other Marshals, players, and even the odd
abomination that lurks hereabouts.

After the initial surge, about how far west have the
various rail-barons laid active track?  I mean, I
recall the stalemate from the early books (Quick 'n
the Dead, etc) and I've come across mention of Black
River and Bayou V. in "Black Circle", but what about
Union Blue, Iron Dragon, Dixie etc... as of, say, '77?

I ask because I know that to really Know the Weird
West as Shane & Co have created it, I need to keep
chiselling away at my "to buy" list... and while I've
got all the sourcebooks etc (minus Doomtown or Bust,
bein' out of print and all [and yeah, I know 'bout the
E-book and plan to nab it]) but I've been much slower
to buy the adventure books... until I realized that
they were continuing the overall arc of the meta-plot
(i.e., when I read Lone Star and Lost Angels and kept
finding references to Dead Presidents and Heart o'
Darkness, respectively)...

Anyhow, me an' my posse (...and you shall know us by
our trail of dead) thank y'all in advance.

3 years gunnin' and nearly 4 runnin' the game.