[DL] Greetings

Hello, all.

I've been a fan of Deadlands since it won new game of the year from GAMA, but never got a chance to play anything but demos at cons. Either my groups couldn't squeeze another game into their schedule, or they weren't interested in the genre, or didn't want to learn a new system.

Well, FINALLY I am starting my first campaign. My posse-of-one is a fire and brimstone preacher (no faith magic) who was a missionary to the Indians. However, he saw some Things Man Was Not Meant To Know, and is now hell bent (heaven bent?) on blasting all such things back to the abyss with his trusty shotgun, six shooter and hidden derringer. Accompanying him is a Sioux indian NPC. The pair of them are the only survivors of the supernatural attack that destroyed the village where they lived.

I plan on pitting them against the Iron Dragon RR, and it's evil Witch owner. With a couple of VERY basic sessions under our belts (basically random encounters to allow us to get used to the system), the preacher has already attracted the interest of a Pinkerton, who KNOWS that there were NO survivors from that Sioux village attack, and thus believes the preacher and his indian to be harrowed, and also the interest of a VERY annoying female reporter for the Tombstone Epitaph, who has taken it into her head to follow them around.

I realize I'm coming to this game late, so late that it's being discontinued, but any input would be welcome. Unsupported or not, it's a GREAT game, and I want to make a great campaign.

Thanks in advance.
John Gallagher