Re: [DL] GM new to setting could use some help.

Hey John,

Your PC will most likely go through the killer's belongings after taking him
out. (A common practice in all RPG's)
You could provide him with clues here. Such as ...

a letter from his employer giving the details.

A journal the killer kept..."Must remember to go for the head!"

or something as cryptic as a couple of cylinders loaded with silver bullets
(the killer didn't really know what he was getting into)

As for an initial meeting with the sheriff, have the lawman catch our hero
unawares with lots of (overwhelming) backup. Then give him the old "We don't
like your sort around here, I suggest you get what you need and move on"
speech.

Then have some "lowlifes" attempt to rough him up that night. Our hero(es)
should be able to dispatch them without too much fuss, and what should he
find in a pants pocket? Is that a deputy badge? And wasn't that guy with the
sheriff earlier?

Maybe some businesses on the good side of the law could overcharge or refuse
our hero(es) services. "I got a right to serve whiskey to who I want! You
don't like it? Take it up with the Sheriff!"

Just a few suggestions. Hope your campaign gets off to a great start and you
find some more players!

-Dave Cornwell

> Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 10:14:22 -0400
> From: GalBeagle@aol.com
> Subject: [DL] GM new to setting could use some help.

 <snip!>
> My problem is this: I need suggestions on how to harrass the PC while
people still think he's the killer. I need side plots to distract him ( I
have one, the cliche landlady of his boarding house in debt to the evil
banker, who is forcing her to marry him against her will, or he'll
foreclose). And I need a way to set him on the right track after he takes
out the killer, one that doesn't amount to someone just telling him the
rancher is a harrowed.