Re: [DL] testing

> is this thing on?? [poke]
> i haven't gotten any mail about sw, dl, hoe, for a couple days. just
> checking.
Even if the list ain't that active anymore, thier are still a lot of
people who get it, some that were'nt around back in the day. How bout
some of the old schoolers resubmitting some old stuff for the new guys
and to get some new feedback and ideas flowing on the list. I'll start.

Qoutes from two old games: (anyone else got some, post them.)

GM (to myopic character): You look down the street and can see Crabby
Joe's.
Skeeter: No I can't.

Skeeter: Howdy, can I get some coffee? (long pause) Damn mirrors.

Gunmen (on seeing the professor's light gun): Where do you put the
bullets?
Skeeter: In his head when he points the fool thing at you.

Mike (using his healing power): I say a prayer over him.
John: I don't think he's dead yet.

Steve (passing in a red chip to succeed in dancing): I don't care if you
draw a chip, no one's shooting at me.

Marshall: He has a single peacemaker and it looks like he knows how to
use it
Skeeter: He's got it stuck in the holster barrel first and everything!

Skeeter: You tauntin' me?
Lou: I take five steps back
Skeeter: Where'd he go?

Steve: Me, my dog, and my horse go out to the orphanage.
GM: Uh oh Mr. McPhearson, I think we're in trouble. Ace Ventura is
coming.

Steve: Is Sara okay?
Dave (pointing to the corpses): Does she look like this?

Ken: Can we get some food?
Skeeter: No, you can't have any more food. Damn orphans!

Cowpoke (pointing to coffin): What the hell is that?
Skeeter: We heard Emerson ain't been feeling well.
Cowpoke: Yer funny blind man.

Skeeter: Throw down your guns! Good. Now come out where I can see you.
Closer... closer... closer.

Henry (The other rancher):What in the Lord's name is that?
Ramon: Looks like a dead Indian to me Senor.
Skeeter: And I thought that was the best kind!

John: Who would doubt the word of a Ranger?
Ramon: Anyone who had met one.

(on entering the perfessor's steam wagon.)
Skeeter: Damn! You gotta build these things for people with a wider butt
than yours. (muttered): Skinny little German man!

Dave: That's $35 of my money
Steve: Not really; no more than $17.50 of a $35.00 pot can be yours
Dave: No, it's all my money. When a man walks in with $100, I expect him
to shuffle it a bit, then I can walk home with it.

Crowe: I try to heal people. Use my Hex on Mike, hand Frank (a harrowed)
needle and thread.

Crowe: Why do I smell jerky? Oh! Hi Frank.

Hank: There's Frank, Shiwana and Amos and they're all still alive.
Crowe: Well, two outta three...

Hank: Do you feel lucky?
Crowe (poking at Hank's still paralyzed leg): Do you feel this?

Crowe: I heard dead men don't float. (pushes Frank in the pond)

Crowe: Gunfighter? Me? I only got 9 notches on my handle. 'course, it's a
new handle

(Crowe has just grabbed the sheriff's badge from his shirt)
Crowe: I'm taking the law into my own hands all official-like.

Joe: Bang!
Joe: You Terwilliger?
Joe: Damn! Wrong order.

Crowe: We're proud of our four hours without a gunfight.

Here the links for some documentation made on thoses games for reference
or ideas.

http://www.steves-basement.com/stevedoomtown/
http://www.steves-basement.com/tomdoomtown/

Some other deadlands games that got ran.

http://www.steves-basement.com/joedeadlands/
http://www.steves-basement.com/joedoomtown/