Re: [DL] Indian Questions

> 1)  We have a huckster in the group and a mad scientist.  My friend who
> is a Warrior chief with a wolf guardian spirit seems to think that he
> can see all the spirits around them and knows exactly what they are up
> to.  This is starting to cause some friction in the group as he voices
> his displeasure with the "Palefaces".  Can he in any way see the
> spirits or know of them around the characters?

No, but that dosent stop the character from lieing, and if he's been
hitting the peyeto, he might in fact be seeing something

> 2)  He constantly consults with his guardian spirit as if its
> omnipotent and knows all.  Not only that but he expect answers on the
> spot.  I have done my best to give him "signs" but that just seems to
> rub me wrong.  I have not had a chance to pick up the book this week so
> can someone please tell me if this is possible?  Can he just "commune"
> with his guardian whenever he pleases, get answers consitantly, and
> does he need to do a ritual of some kind?

I'd let him do it all the time, just remember the spirit should have a
personality and agenda of its own, maybe its a trickster and will mislead
the player just to cause mischief, maybe its a war totem and will get
sniffy and refuse to provide help when the player needs it if he keeps
bothering it with questions that annoy it.

3)  A Heavy Stone tomohawk is the weapon he uses.  Does this count as
a "bladed" weapon or is it just more of a wedge with weight behind it?
This is a question I need answered ASAP

I would say it was a blade, but I would also give it a reliabilty roll
everytime he hit something solid or armored to see if it shatters, say 20
minus the level of armor.

> 4)  Ay idea's and sudjestions are welcome as I have never had an indian
> in the group before and I want to keep things smooth and enjoyable.  So
> adventure hooks, dealing with or how others actions towards the indian
> is all new ground to me.  Please help.

so the player claims that he can see into the spirit realm all the time
and his animal totem will answer all his questions, fun!
If you stare long enough into the abyss, eventually the abyss stares back.
How does he know its his totem that is answering his questions, mayby
some sneaky mantiou snuck into his head while he was leaving himself wide
open to the spirits. If he's leaving himself that wide open, start
haveing every newmade ghost go chargeing for his wide open soul as a
hideing place before the grim reaper shows up to collect them.

As for a player playing a indian, more fun, most characters have thier
families and dependents safely back each beyond the marshall's reach, but
a indian is right in his homeland where he can run into any numbers of
close personal relative and tribe members insisting on his help or in
need or rescue. Even better with this guy, have a cranky dead relative
start showing up and critising every discision he makes "Lazy boy, why
you bother your totem with stupid questions, it have better things to do,
why in my day..(20 minute meandering trip down memory lane.)"