RE: [DL] Vet of the West

My first campaign I played in the Marshall wouldn't let any of us be a
Veteran for much the same reasons listed by Jim Burzelic.

In later campaigns that I both played in and ran as Marshal it seemed this
Hindrance/Edge became almost a required part of character creation. It was
too "sexy" because you got 15 extra points and some kind of inferred
advantage dealing with some past bit of weirdness. Looking back on it I have
to question the game balance there. I don't think I ever made a character
without Veteran (except when it was banned by the Marshal). Something to
think about perhaps next time I run a campaign.
-Roger