RE: [DL] Re: Fun with the House of Stuart

> Not of course that the House of Hanover did not have
> its ?characters? as well. George IV seems like a nice
> man (apart from his bouts of ?insanity?) but Prinny
> was just a gourmand. Victoria was curiously middle
> class in her ethics and beliefs (not a bad thing).

As student of British history, I must respectfully point out that it was
George III who suffered from insanity. His son, George IV a.k.a. Prinny,
did not. Actually, once king, Prinny didn't do a half bad job on the
whole. Unfortunately, he had to wait for about 50 years for the chance
which meant he had too much time on his hands to get into all kinds of
excesses.
    Daniel Gwyn

"Where is the horse and the rider? Where is the horn that was blowing?
They have passed like rain on the mountain, like wind in the meadow. The
days have gone down in the West behind the hills into shadow.  How did
it come to this?"

Théoden from Peter Jackson's The Two Towers