Re: [DL] Lalaurie Floor Plans?

This is the best I could do, you might be able to use the info for better searching, though.
"

LaLaurie House 1140 Royal Street

Some of the most famous houses in New Orleans are located on

Royal Street, but perhaps one of the most interesting houses is

the LaLaurie House at the corner of Royal and Gov. Nicholls.

Also known as the infamous ?Haunted House,? the LaLaurie

House was once the home of Madame Delphine La Laurie, an

evil woman who tortured her servants and kept them locked in

the attic. The ghosts who supposedly haunt the house are the

tortured slaves, in particular a slave girl who jumped off the roof

while running from her mistress. Later, the house burned,

disclosing Madame LaLaurie?s dirty secret. She was attacked by

a mob, but escaped and the house was later rebuilt. Who would

have thought that such tragic occurrences happened in such a distinguished looking

house? During Madame LaLaurie?s time, the house closely resemble the Georgian style

Hermann-Grima House on St. Louis Street. After the fire, the house was remodeled in

the French style, and it has been remodeled even more times since then, the most

recent renovation completed in the 1980s. Perhaps the many changes in appearance

were attempts to rid the house of ghost. The LaLaurie House is now a private

residence, so visitors aren?t allowed inside, but a visit to the Musee? Conti Historical Wax

Museum at 917 Conti Street gives the curious visitor the chance to see a life-like

representation of Madame LaLaurie and her unfortunate slaves."

Reemull <reemull@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

I'm planning to have my posse take a little wander round the Lalaurie
house in New Orleans - however am looking for floor plans of the
building or of a similar building. Would anyone be able to point me in
the right direction?

Thanks

Roy