Re: [DL] One Eye Hindrance?

Reemull wrote:
Anyone know if there is a hindrance in any of the Weird West books that
involves a character only having one eye?

I had a look at Hank Ketchums profile - however there is nothing there.
 If the worst comes to the worst I'll just rate it as the same as Bad
Eyes (3) and give the -2 to all ranged/distance actions.

Thanks

Roy

>From the Accumulated Rulings:

Q) Is having one eye the same as having the Bad Eyes hindrance? I assume the lack of depth perception would more than justify the -2 penalty. I don't think this has been clarified anywhere yet. - DarrinBrig

A) Sure. [Shane Hensley, DL listserv, 10/5/1998]

I seem to remember somewhere that they did make a bit of a change to this ruling though. Bad eyes normally gives you a -2 to see or affect things greater than 20 yards away. I seem to remember that the revised ruling for One Eye gave you a -2 to see or affect stuff at *any* range. Kind of like the opposite of the Keen Edge. The exception to this was if you were Drawing a Bead. Drawing a Bead negated the -2 penalty and gave you a +2 bonus as normal. This is because when you are aiming like that, you close one eye and look through the scope or sights using only one eye. Unfortunately, I cannot remember where I saw that more recent ruling, so I cannot provide a quote or link to it.

Hope this helps.

--David