RE: [DL] Tale Tellin'

>That seems to unnecessarily screw Agency types.

Screw them?  Yes.

Unnecessary?  No.  ;-)

It's part and parcel of the package deal.  If you join the respective
governments' monster-fighting groups (the Agency or Rangers), you get
official authority and to know what is going on, *but* with the caveat that
you are subject to their orders.  Just to make sure that is balanced right
out of the gate, one of their key orders is simply wrong.  Hiding and
concealing the truth does *nothing* to reduce Fear Levels.

It's like fighting the plague by getting rid of all the sick people but
ignoring all the infected rats... and silencing anyone who claims the rats
are the source.

Being a member of the Agency or Rangers is supposed to be a dual-edged
sword.  The character is equally a part of the solution *and* the problem.

Of course, they can always choose to disobey their orders and use
Tale-Tellin' properly... and that's the kind of decision that makes heroes.
:)

Clint Black

"You smell that? Do you smell that? ...Ghost Rock, son. Nothing else in the
world smells like that. I love the smell of ghost rock in the morning. You
know, one time we had a hill bombed, for twelve hours. When it was all over
I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' Yank body. The
smell, you know that sulphurous smell, the whole hill. Smelled like...
victory. Someday this war's gonna end..."