From: "James Killick"

<james.killick@btinternet.com>

To: <deadlands@gamerz.net>
Subject: [DL] Snipers
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 17:24:10 -0000

Hello

I was wondering if anybody could offer me some

advice on how to run a

combat where the heroes come under fire from a

single sniper.  They are

approaching across a plain while the sniper is

embedded in a hill range up

ahead, there is limited cover for the heroes.

I am quite a newcomer to the game and have only run

the scenario in the

back of the Marshall's handbook as well as a couple

of shoot-outs just to

get used to the rules with the players.

Any marshals run anything like this?  Should the

sniper get an automatic

free action?  How should I manage whether the

heroes can actually see the

sniper?  Should I have them make a cognition roll

before every action?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, or a

reference to the rules that I

might have missed.  I am playing the classic

system.

Regards
James

with