RE: [DL] Deadlands: Reloaded

>BTW: How does the Savage Worlds game engine differ from 'classic'
>Deadlands?

I foresee a lot of opinion in your future.  ;-)

I think the easiest way to see the difference is just to download the Test
Drive rules for Savage Worlds.  It gives you the basics.

http://www.greatwhitegames.com/Games/Savage%20Worlds/Downloads/SW%20Rev/Test
Drive4.pdf

Then you should probably look at the previews of Deadlands: Reloaded.  They
show off a couple of Setting Rules for DL:R.

http://www.greatwhitegames.com/Games/Savage%20Worlds/Downloads/Deadlands%20R
eloaded/Deadlands%20Reloaded%20Preview%20Part%201.pdf

http://www.greatwhitegames.com/Games/Savage%20Worlds/Downloads/Deadlands%20R
eloaded/Deadlands%20Reloaded%20Preview%20Part%202.pdf

The Setting Rules are what makes sure each setting has its own unique
"flavor" as it were.  Thus as shown in the second preview, Deadlands:
Reloaded will use Poker Chips for White, Red, and Blue Fate Chips instead of
the single Benny of SW because that is part of the flavor of the setting.

Anyway, the basic SW rules are just much less complex, and are easier and
faster to run.  But if you like the complexity, Classic is the way to go.

Clint