Re: [HoE] Re: First Junker Creation Try: Energy Bow

> On the energy bow design, could you save some points & weight by using a
> regular bow as a starting point and just adding the spirit damage and
removing
> the ammo requirement? (Don't have my book here at work -- have to get an
extra
> copy).  (I'm sure Shane will love to hear that ;)
>
> Jeff

I don't have my book with me right now which is sort of odd since I thought
it had attached itself to my hip.  Sure, that would make sense to me.  I
suppose a Junker could just find a bow and then make some of his handy
dandy modifications to it to allow it to do spiritual damage.  That would
be a lot cheaper and take less time but just be some sort of spirit weapon.
 I was going more for an example of how to build a starting piece of
equipment for a beginning Junker so I aimed for somewhere around 150
points.

However, if you wanted the bow to shoot actual arrows, then I think you
could start to come up with new arrows that have been modified.  You get
the great bonus for the arrows being "one-shot" and can make all sorts of
nifty arrows.  Sonic arrows, flame-retardent arrows, high-explosive, net
arrows, etc...

Don "Hawkeye" S.