RE: [HoE] Junkers Gear and a minor rant

I just mentioned that I though the rulebook, Q&D, and GD were required for
an good Deadlands campaign.  Marshal's who don't plan on anything more than
infrequent Indian attacks wouldn't need GD.

| >	Well, by that note you're going to want F&B if you've got a strong
| >Blessed prescence and H&H if you've got a lot of Hucksters.  The thing
| >about DL is that with the main book and Q&D, you really can have a
| >complete and cool game.  Each of the supplements makes the game just that
| >much better but not one of them is really necessary.
|
| Now that was an old post....

	Okay, I don't know what you're talking about.  It was an hour-old
post by Erik.  Wasn't it?  Erik?

| But - I was referring to a strong indian presence, and not just a strong
| Indian character presence.

	True.  Though, if you've got a strong indian character presence,
you're (much) more likely to have a strong indian presence.

| Ghost Dancers adds the indian cultures to the game.  F&B and H&H are
| character class books.
| GD is that, and so much more....

	Yeah, I'd agree with that.  GD was half character book and half
campaign sourcebook.  F&B and H&H were more like 85% character 15%
campaign.

| Allan Seyberth

	But the point I'm making is that to play Deadlands respectably,
all you need is the main book and Q&D.  GD is a real help, but not vital.
In contrast, HoE is looking pretty gappy.

_
Jay E. Treat III
jayson@ccat.sas.upenn.edu