RE: [HoE] Some Thoughts on Ammo

<snip>
> True, but wasn't that just a side-effect of a lousy bullet?  Tumbling
rounds
> sacrifice accuracy for damage.  I wonder if the AK-47s are any more
> accurate... though my understanding is the craftsmanship is usually
pretty
> shoddy.

The bullet doesn't tumble (from my understanding) until AFTER it enters
the target.  So rather than the normal cone shaped wound (small entry
would, larger exit wound) you get a situation where you get a very small
entry wound (smaller bullet) and it takes out the back of your _________
(fill in the blank, the back of you head, back, leg, a**, etc.).  A much
messier wound that is more fatal.

Unfortunately since it is such a small, light bullet, it is easily
deflected by foliage, debris, etc.

Jim H.