Re: [HoE] [SHANE]Why the Grit cap?

At 11:47 AM 9/19/98 PDT, you wrote:
>Sorry to bug you with a stupid question Shane, but Why the Grit cap of
>5?  I don't know if you already ansewed this, but I remember that is
>some of the DL sourcebooks (namely H&H), it talks about posse members
>getting up to 10 Grit.  So what's the deal? 5 Grit point max now?  Or is
>no matter how much Grit you have, it never adds more than +5 to a guts
>check?

I'm not Shane, and while I don't even play one on TV, I think I can answer
this one - it has to do with some characters reported to have a Grit of 30+.

Also, with a Grit of 5, you can still be affected by a Deadlands (net -1 to
guts checks).

As for the DL 10 grit events, Shane didn't answer, but I'm going to use
something akin to colored grit from the Ghost Dancers book.  Basically, the
"effective" grit (grit which counts towards making Guts checks) is capped
at 5.  Any other Grit earned by the posse gets marked down as a different
color, both for tracking when the 10 grit events kick in, and to help
offset my house rule that anytime you go bust on a guts check, you lose a
point of grit.
Allan Seyberth
darious@darious.com

Why did the chicken cross the road?

Frank Perdue:
How the heck do I know?  Do I look like a chicken to you -- don't answer
that.