[HoE] re: Black Hat Malfunction Table

DarrinBrig@aol.com wrote..

<<
Well, I took a look at the description of EMP, and it says "Doomsayers with
this power are pure trouble for Throckmorton's goons", so it *must* work on
the Black Hats.  After looking at the table, I decided that Black Hat chips
would be a TN of 11 (Strain 4) to knock out with EMP, with some Black Hat
equipment like vehicles as high as 13 or more. Marshal's call to what kind of
shielding a chip has, but brain and weapon chips ought to be around 11 or so.

In my mind, knocking out the electronics on the Black Hat chips would cause
them immediately to explode, but since I don't want to give my players an easy
way to take out rows upon rows of Black Hats, I figured a table would be more
appropriate.  The chips don't have to be completely fried, but just "confused"
enough so they don't explode. >>

It seems here you're putting more sophistication into the chips than what has
been written up.  All they seem to do is detonate thermite charges in the
weapons or vehicles, nothing that would take the people out but it would deny
them use of the equipment.  The ammo boxes don't blow up until the wrong
person trys to open them, so again nothing to immediately take out the people.

I also don't think a TN of 11 or 13 is an "easy" way to take out the black
hats.

Sorry, Darrin, but I don't see this a being necessary.

Jeff