[HoE] Heroes gone to the Dark side

<snip>
> to sulk about how unfair we were treating him (he was only playing in
> character after all).  We told him he could game with us if he didn't
> play evil characters, he still hasn't made it to a single session and it
> is 7 years later.

That is the one concession you have to make, some reason that all these evil
people are hanging around with each other and not trying to slit each
other's throats.

<snip>
> Evil Player:  "What do you mean?  We gotta go kill the monster so we can
> take any of the kid's parent's stuff that may be left after the attack!"
>
> *sigh*
>
> Templar Simon

Sounds more like Munchkinism than evil per se.  That's what I meant when I
said really role play.  I mean we all have people in our lives that we don't
like and maybe even some we think are evil.  And we all fantasize about how
much better things would be if Ted were dead and we didn't have to listen to
him at all the staff meetings.  And we may even fantasize about being the
one to kill him.

But he's human too.  Ever wonder what it would be like to BE Ted.  Be
somebody other people didn't like.  Sure it would be easy to say they must
be full of self-hate and all those other pop psychology things but people
are more complex than that.  So I think it might be interesting to gin up an
evil character and try to figure out how they think and what they want out
of life.  Figure out a goal and then a plan to accomplish it.  Then gnash
your teeth every time the Marshal brings in Dudly Doright to foil your evil
plot.

Ah well, I must be in the minority on this one.

Jim H.