Re: [HoE] HOE baddies

><< Only having been listening to these lists a few short months, if I have a
> (to me) interesting idea  for a critter or adventure, and I post it here,
> would that mean I couldn't send it to the website? I know other places
> have... interesting... copywrite/publication rules so I just thought I'd
> check.
>
> Also, what is the address for idea submissions?
>
>Nope. Post as you wish (just put the little copyright notice at the bottom).
>Send submissions to PEGTice@aol.com.

Cool. Well, here's my first attempt at a cool HOE critter. Got the idea
when the radrats writeup mentioned 'the only things that could survive a
nuclear holocaust are cockroaches and rats.' : }

Demon 'Roaches

   It isn't known where or when these creatures came to life. They appear
to be fifteen foot long cockroaches with thick armoured shells. First
sighted in the remains of Washington, DC,  reports of giant, man-eating
bugs recently began to proliferate throughout the midwest and the northwest
of the continent. They apparently live in small colonies, usually based in
the remains of a pre-Bomb city in nests made from rubble and wrecked bonded
together with their saliva, and hunt in groups of 3 to 6, spread over a few
square miles. When one finds a target, it releases a pheremone signal to
the others that it has found prey. It then moves in immediately and
attempts to stun the target(s) using its Mental Stun ability. As soon as
they arrive, the others join in. Once all of the targets are stunned, the
demon 'roaches immediately start to feed. Once they are done, they return
to the colony, bringing a few scraps of food, if any is left. An adult
demon 'roach can easily eat two full grown humans a day and has been known
to eat just about anything and anyone it finds, including corpses other
things have killed. The only way to avoid it is to run away or hit it with
overwhelming firepower (doing several wounds to the head or torso or
severing a leg), playing dead tends to just make you dead. They track by
smell, not sight, and will not move further away from the colony than 10
miles or so.

Profile
Corporeal: D: 2D8, N: 3D8, S: 5D12, Q: 3D6, V: 7D12.
   Climbin' 4D8, Dodge 3D8, Fightin': Brawlin' 4D8, Sneak 1D8, Swimmin' 3D8.

Mental: C: 4D6, K: 1D6, M: 1D4, Sm: 1D6, Sp: 1D8.
   Search 4D6, Trackin' 2D6, Area Knowledge: Huntin' Zone 3D6, Survival:
City 4D6, Guts 3D8

Pace: 12.                               Wind: 20
Size: 12.                                Terror: 9 (11 if in a group of 3
or more)

Special Abilities:
Armour: 3
They have six legs and no arms or hands.
Bite: Damage: STR + 2D8 After the first round of chewing (uninterrupted) on
a target) the
            Demon 'Roach gains one level of armour piercing versus its
meal. This goes up each
            round to a maximum of 3 levels of armour piercing.
Kick: STR.
Mental Stun: Attack roll: 4D8.     Damage: 1D12 Wind only.

Comments are appreciated. : }

Pat Gamblin

-Keeper of the Tradeposts of the Mantis,
-L5R Code (CCG1.1b) YA ++  S  G+  R+!r  Y+  C+  E++  M  T--  D++  K++  U+++
-L5R Code (RPG1.1) GP PR +++ CC +  RP+ GT: !  P+  MN + S++ G+++  R+  Y+ C++
-http://www.geocities.com/area51/lair/1961/
-copernicus@brunnet.net