[HoE] questions and errata?

Hey, all! Just got my copy of HOE last Friday (Man, this game looks so
cool!) and found a few oddities. Not sure who to send this to specifically,
so I'm sending it to the list at large. Please forgive me if these have
already been brought up somewhere.

1)Page 58 (weapons):

The NA Assault Rifle is a 5.56mm and does 3D8. The NA Squad Automatic
Weapon also is 5.56mm and does 3D8 damage. This lead me to thinking that
the two must use identical ammo. Then I saw that the SA equivalents, which
both use 7.62mm ammo, do different damages. The SA Assault Rifle does 4D8,
and the SA SAW does 5D8. Should the NA SAW also get +1D8 damage over its
respective Assault Rifle, or should the SA SAW only doe 4D8. Or does the
South use different ammo for it's big rifles while the North uses the same?

2)Also Pg 58: I just noticed that the Grenade and Rocket Launcher are both
footnoted as 4-General type used by the Southern Alliance, where it looks
like they should be footnoted as 5-One use only.

3) Page 59: Passenger rating for vehicles. Does this include driver/crew,
or is it just the passengers?

4)Page 203: Junker Mishaps: Fried Synapses. Just wanted to make sure that
it does mean that you lose the entire skill and not just a level in it.

5)Spirit Batteries: In the junker section it states that a Spirit Battery
needs one Structural Component for each 10 pt.s of battery power. This
would mean that the batteries in the equipment section should weigh 3lb.s,
15lb.s, and 30lb.s, for small, medium, and large, not the 1oz, 8oz, and
10lb.s listed in the equipment section. I prefer th weights in the equip.
section, of course, but what should be used for the 'structural component
weight for batteries then? Say I wanted a 60 pt battery. Would It be closer
to 10 oz (using 1.6 oz per 10 pt.s, as is the case with the medium battery)
or 6 lb.s (using 1 lb per 10 pt.s, like the large battery)?

6)Should an item that has both the damage and trait powers have two
invention rolls (1 per power) or just one (for the total pt cost of the
item)?

Many thanks for any insight anyone can provide me.

Pat Gamblin

-Keeper of the Tradeposts of the Mantis,
-L5R Code (CCG1.1b) YA ++  S  G+  R+!r  Y+  C+  E++  M  T--  D++  K++  U+++
-L5R Code (RPG1.1) GP PR +++ CC +  RP+ GT: !  P+  MN + S++ G+++  R+  Y+ C++
-http://www.geocities.com/area51/lair/1961/
-copernicus@brunnet.net