Re: [HoE] Re: Demon Roaches (was HoE Baddies)

>Well, I like the concept but I think they need to be toned down a bit.  You
>are recommending you run from these things, but they have a pace of 12 -- most
>characters are going to be bug chow.  As far as overwhelming firepower goes, I
>think you are underestimating the impact of three levels of armor.

Yep. I goofed a little. I have an updated version going out to the list
soon. When I meant outrun I assumed that most parties are going to have
horses or a car. If they don't at the start of the game, they will probably
grab them as soon as they find them. Transportation seems to be a big thing
in HE (in my mind).

>I would drop the size to 8, the armor to 1, damage to STR + 1d8,  reduce
>Strength by 3 dice, Vigor by 4 dice.  Make the terror a 7/9.  Also, beef up
>the Mien and add some Overawe.  Keep the progressive armor piercing -- nice
>touch.

I didn't change it quite as far as this, mainly because I see this as
something for people to gang up on at the start. The incredible Vigor is
just there for fuin mainly. These are roaches, after all. : }  Also, I
originally had Overawe in there, but it seemed to me that Terror was what
fit, not Overawe. Overawe seems more for something trying to scare
something, whereas Terror seems to fit something that is scary regardless
of its own intentions.

>Instead of a "Mental Stun" ability make them a hive mind, possibly with some
>ability to sense prey.   If you give them some real intelligence you could cut
>them down even more and still be a real threat.  Or give them the equivalent
>of the Psyker power, along with a strain rating to keep it reasonable.

I decided to go with an electrical stun, which cost wind to use (Similar to
strain. I just don't care for strain as it is. If I think of a way to
change the strain rules, I may change it to using strain instead of wind.

>It's a good idea, I just think you got a little carried away with loading
>things on there.

Yeah, that tends to happen when I first get into something. Thanks for the
suggestions, though. I appreciate any help in getting me to think along
more rational lines (My mind doesn't generally tend to work that way).

Pat Gamblin

-Keeper of the Tradeposts of the Mantis,
-L5R Code (CCG1.1b) YA ++  S  G+  R+!r  Y+  C+  E++  M  T--  D++  K++  U+++
-L5R Code (RPG1.1) GP PR +++ CC +  RP+ GT: !  P+  MN + S++ G+++  R+  Y+ C++
-http://www.geocities.com/area51/lair/1961/
-copernicus@brunnet.net