Re: [HoE] Apocalypse Now! Questions and Spoilers

At 12:41 PM 10/7/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Spoiler Space..... Players Keep Out! (Yeah, Right...)

(blam)
>2) The Doomsayer in the group has the EMP power. While the adventure claims
>that the bomb cannot be disarmed once set (as the group lacks the master
>code), why would the EMP power not work to deactivate the bomb's timer?
>Granted the power does require a roll, and could fail repeatedly, but why
>would the timer be immune to the effect? There's no way I'm going to let my
>PCs get ahold of the working bomb or it's major components, but I don't see
>a believable way out of this situation yet, as I'm sure my player will think
>to try this.
>Any thoughts?

Well - on this comment, I have something that might help.

EMP stands for electro-magnetic pulse.  The kind that's being talked about
is strong hard enough to blow out circuitry.

But that's still a signal hitting the circuits - it might just set the bomb
off prematurely.
Allan Seyberth
darious@darious.com

Why did the chicken cross the road?

George Steinbrenner:
Because I offered him a $4 million contract.
...Because I fired him!
......Because he's now my new manager.
.........Because I fired him again!