Re: [HoE] Apocalypse Now! Questions and Spoilers

>Spoiler Space..... Players Keep Out! (Yeah, Right...)

>Greetings,

>2) The Doomsayer in the group has the EMP power. While the adventure claims
>that the bomb cannot be disarmed once set (as the group lacks the master
>code), why would the EMP power not work to deactivate the bomb's timer?
>Granted the power does require a roll, and could fail repeatedly, but why
>would the timer be immune to the effect? There's no way I'm going to let my
>PCs get ahold of the working bomb or it's major components, but I don't see
>a believable way out of this situation yet, as I'm sure my player will think
>to try this.
>Any thoughts?

I don't have the screen (plan to tyr to find it soon), so I don't know
exactly what type of bomb t is, but here's a few possibilities. A) the
timer is mechanical, not electrical. Not likely, but would make it immune
to emp (from any source) to a certain degree. B) Prerhaps the bomb has a
sort of 'dead man's switch' that would set it off if the timer went on it.

Pat Gamblin

-Keeper of the Tradeposts of the Mantis,
-L5R Code (CCG1.1b) YA ++  S  G+  R+!r  Y+  C+  E++  M  T--  D++  K++  U+++
-L5R Code (RPG1.1) GP PR +++ CC +  RP+ GT: !  P+  MN + S++ G+++  R+  Y+ C++
-http://www.geocities.com/area51/lair/1961/
-copernicus@brunnet.net